Firefox's Bookmarks toolbar gives you quick access to often-used bookmarks. This article describes how to use to Bookmarks Toolbar.
For more information on bookmarks, see the Create bookmarks to save your favorite webpages article.
Table of Contents
Show or hide the Bookmarks toolbar
The Bookmarks toolbar is hidden by default. To turn it on or back off:
- Right-click on an empty section of the Tab Strip and select Bookmarks Toolbar in the pop-up menu.
- On the menu bar, click View, select Toolbars, and then select Bookmarks Toolbar.
- Click the menu button and choose Customize.
- Click the Show / Hide Toolbars dropdown menu at the bottom of the screen and select Bookmarks Toolbar.
- Click the green Exit Customize button.
Add bookmarks to the Bookmarks toolbar
- Go to the page you want to add to the Bookmarks toolbar.
- In the Location bar, click the site icon and drag it onto the Bookmarks toolbar.
Re-order bookmarks on the Bookmarks toolbar
To change the position of an item on the Bookmarks toolbar:
- Click on the bookmark or folder you want to move and drag it into position.
Add toolbar items to the Bookmarks toolbar
The Bookmarks toolbar can have items other than bookmarks added to it. For more information, see Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.