cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome new contributors and Introduce Yourself!

Regular User

Welcome new contributors and Introduce Yourself!

Your username on the forums and irc (if different)

What you do on SUMO or what you'd like to do

Why/how you got started with SUMO

Something interesting about yourself. (optional)

Your timezone/location (optional)

Buddy Progamme: We have recently launched the Buddy Progamme. If you are a new contributor, you can have a buddy assigned to you who is a SUMO veteran. The buddy will be your point of contact if you have any issues.

The Buddy Progamme: Read the KB for full details.

1,204 REPLIES
Regular User

Re: Welcome new contributors and Introduce Yourself!

Hi! I'm David Weir or satdav. I am a contributor, a reviewer of knowledgebase articles and has contributed with Mozilla since 2009. I got started by using the Firefox browser because of it's pledge to be "open". Something interesting about myself is that I am over 6 foot high. Oh, and did I mention I reside in the UK?

Site Moderator

Hello everybody. I'm feer56, known as Andrew, but you all knew that! Smiley Wink I am a contributor of the support forum and AoA! I am also a KB reviewer! I got started with SUMO by using Firefox and encountering issues. I am located in Edmonton, Canada "eh" Smiley Wink

New User

Hi, I am ashickurnoor, IRC ashickur-noor. I am a KB localizer and a awesome contributor of AoA Smiley Happy . I do KB localization because majority of our local people don't know English well. Even most of the people are living on the rural area. So KB localization helps them to solve there problems. Thats why I started SuMo. To help my local people. I am lazy person, it is the most interesting thing about me for last few year Smiley Tongue . Time zone: UTC + 6:00, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Senior User

ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important.

feer56, satdav: thanks for continuing to be awesome. Oh, and satdav, I'm 194cm tall. Do I win? Smiley Wink

New User

djst said

ashickurnoor, I don't think we've "met" before -- appreciate your presentation! Interesting to learn more about the English language limitation where you live. It really makes your work localizing support into Bangla so important.

Nope, we have not meet before. Thanks for your appreciation.

Hi, I'm Jayakumar from India. IRC - iamjayakumars. I'm contributor of Support Forum, Army of Awesome and Mozilla locamotion Smiley Happy I'm Nightly user and attended few test-days. few times i worked in Webmaker and Popcorn Maker. Now started writing KB for Firefox OS. Time Zone : UTC +5.30

SUMO Contributor

Swarnava Sengupta
IRC- Swarnava
do qa, sumo, l10n, marketing
Kaspersky lab gold beta tester and localization mantainer of several firefox addon like noscript, ABP and utorrent Smiley Happy
i read in class 12 and this is the final year of school Smiley Happy
Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Kolkata, WB, India

New User

Hello All, I am navneetsingh, IRC : ns0693, a very newbie to contributors forum. I am currently contirbuting in Army of Awesome, since 5 Jan 2013. I wish to contribute to Mozilla in forums on large and want to become a Mozilla Rep. I would love to spread knowledge about Mozilla and its mission in local region by organising many events. I am not very good at programming but i will continue my efforts till i contribute in developer communities. Time Zone : UTC+5:30 , Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

Site Moderator

I'm from Middletown NJ USA and I contribute to the Knowledge Base and support forum, both here and at MozillaZine, as you can see from my profile page. I've been at SUMO from the beginning (I'm user 11!) . I got started at SUMO by helping to migrate the MozillaZine KB to SUMO.