cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 15.0.x issues and status

SOLVED
Shooting Star

Firefox 15.0.x issues and status

Firefox 15.0 is scheduled for release on Tues Aug 28th!

This release will rollout in the usual fashion. We will be updating a small number of users and then cutting off updates until we gather feedback. If all looks well, we'll unthrottle the release.

A few things to be on the lookout for:

• We have had reports that performance is lagging on 15: Bug 784512. Please keep an eye out for reports of this in the forums. We are still trying to validate this issue and need as much extra information as we can get. If you do see users reporting that 15 is slow, please ask them:
    • To compare 14 vs 15 using the same profile
    • What pages are you having problem on?
    • What security software
    • Extensions/about:support
    • Every time or once in a while?
    • Proxies?
  • Flash 11.4 - Initial feedback is inconclusive. We are hoping for better information before launch. Please help to us to test and verify if 11.4 is consistently better than 11.3
  • Click to Play is still very much experimental. Do not use it! If you see users reporting issues with it, please instruct them to disable it.
  • SPDY updates in 15 - The last time we had SPDY updates there were reports of broken sites. Please be watching for issues with Gmail and Twitter as we'd seen before.
  • Silverlight Block - The block went live yesterday so be ready to instruct users to update to a newer version Bug 782672

I realize that a lot of these are not 15 specific, but just happen to be going on around release time. Just wanted to give a heads up!

As always, we'll keep this thread up to date with the latest and greatest. Feel free to post any issues here!

Hope you do not mind me making a tentative edit to the top post -J99
Also note these issues

• Sync Problems Firefox Support forum: issue about resetting the Sync password not working /forums/contributors/708662
    • Bug 793929 - sync: Not receive Firefox sync password reset email
    • Bug 794086 - browserid: password reset emails not being delivered to rsoderberg@mozilla.com RESOLVED WORKSFORME (spam issue) aw

Modified by John99 on September 21, 2012 5:09:54 PM EDT
Modified by John99 on September 26, 2012 7:46:51 PM EDT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Firefox 15.0.x issues and status

I also posted on openSUSE forums this morning, so any openSUSE users experiencing it should be able to find it.

30 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Click to Play is still very much experimental. Do not use it! If you see users reporting issues with it, please instruct them to disable it.

To disable, set plugins.click_to_play to "false" in about config (the default setting).

SPDY updates in 15 - The last time we had SPDY updates there were reports of broken sites. Please be watching for issues with Gmail and Twitter as we'd seen before.

The Firefox 15 release notes only say, Support for SPDY networking protocol v3 with no reference link. I did find some info on Wikipedia's SPDY page.

• Related bug: Bug 762162 - Cannot connect to Gmail and Twitter with SPDY on
Silverlight Block - The block went live yesterday so be ready to instruct users to update to a newer version Bug 782672

Silverlight block is Mac-only. Users will need to re-enable Silverlight in the Firefox Add-ons -> Plugins list, even after updating to Silverlight 5.1.

Site Moderator

Flash 11.4 - Initial feedback is inconclusive. We are hoping for better information before launch. Please help to us to test and verify if 11.4 is consistently better than 11.3
SUMO Contributor

Random tidbits:

(1) Form field placeholders no longer cleared on click but on first typed character

Note: if the field uses a light-on-dark color scheme, it may be nearly impossible to see the I-bar cursor until a character is typed: started on V15: selecting a field with prefilled text, the cursor is always BLACK vs. the text color...

(2) CSS border-image / -moz-border-image changes

(3) Safe Mode dialog no longer has checkboxes!

(4) Tabs on Top choice removed from its former place on context and Toolbars menus. about:config required to toggle it.

Shooting Star

Thanks jscher2000,

I saw some of those text box issues on Input as well. Nice have some more data to back it up!

Matt

Shooting Star

Hello everyone out there in SUMO land!

Just a quick update to let you know that we will be spinning a 15.0.1 to address Bug# 787743 . We are hoping to push the update this week. I'll update this thread when we know more!

Site Moderator

This is exactly the problem with rapid release. I had found this very bug 2 1/2 weeks ago on trunk (on 8/22/12, short chat in #firefox) and narrowed down the regression range to about 5/24/12 & 6/1/12's nightly builds using the Cache Viewer addon to assist me along the way. I didn't have time to file a detailed bug report so I didn't rush myself to file it even though I considered it a big privacy issue. I thought it only affected trunk builds (aka nightlies) and figured these big cache changes weren't going to be pushed in a release build until they had more time to bake (get tested) on trunk. I can't believe what I'm seeing here.

In this case they were lucky to have such a alert user (or paranoid user Smiley Tongue) who checks their cache as much as I do.

Thanks for the update Matt.

Site Moderator

Matt_G said

Just a quick update to let you know that we will be spinning a 15.0.1 to address Bug# 787743 . We are hoping to push the update this week. I'll update this thread when we know more!

Thanks for posting this, Matt. The Private Browsing cache issue came up on the support forum and the OP even asked how to file a bug on it!

Shooting Star

We are hoping to push 15.0.1 unthrottled this afternoon. If that timeline slips, I'll let you know! Thanks for all the help!

Site Moderator

Firefox 15.0.1 for desktop looks to be officially out now at www.mozilla.org