Did you mean: 

[In KB] Clear Recent History

26 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: [In KB] Clear Recent History

Regular Contributor

John99 said

Note there is a bug (633427) and clearing History, specifically cookies, is likely to fire up multiple instances of plugin container.exe, this happens even for disabled plugins. Would it be worth advising users of this unexpected behavior.

I don't think basic users care about the number of open processes or the extra use of 40MB.

Based on Michael's edit, I used TSmiley SurprisedpenHistoryLibrary, replaced "click on" by click, Firefox menu by Firefox button. It needs review.

Support Forum Moderator

Note there is a bug (633427) and clearing History, specifically cookies, is likely to fire up multiple instances of plugin container.exe, this happens even for disabled plugins. Would it be worth advising users of this unexpected behavior.

Shooting Star Contributor

I added a note for Fx4 and above that they need to run the latest Flash plugin with a link to updating flash instructions.

Site Moderator

underpass,

Hopefully someone with Linux will reply but, in Firefox 4, you should be able to clear the Flash cookies just using Clear Recent History if Flash 10.3 or higher is installed. It's supposed to work on all platforms according to the bug report. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=625496 (comment 29 is from a Linux user).

First Time Visitor

Don't know if it is a problem of mine, but in Linux I find it is possible to delete Flash cookies from the Adobe Flash configuration applet but not from Firefox itself. Tried even with Aurora and Nightly.

Have you checked this from your installation?

The option to clear Flash cookies is available on Windows, Mac and Linux and the nice thing about the Firefox implementation is that you don't have to go to a separate Flash settings panel in your os. Private Browsing and Clear Recent History now just do it.

First Time Visitor

From what I've seen, the option to clear the Flash cookies is available in Windows but not in Linux. Don't know about Mac OS X.

Regular Contributor

That is still inaccurate. For Firefox 4, to clear the Flash cookies, you must use Flash 10.3 or higher.

Thanks scoobie - I fixed the link for real this time and I made the cookie info more specific. I'll make a similar change to to the Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history article too.