cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why will Firefox not keep my settings? I must reset all of my settings every time that I log in.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

why will Firefox not keep my settings? I must reset all of my settings every time that I log in.

Every time I log out, shut down & restart. It returns Firefox to the default settings that occur after a new install. It keeps the settings if I exit & restart Firefox without shutting down but if I shut down, it forgets everything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: why will Firefox not keep my settings? I must reset all of my settings every time that I log in.

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.

6 REPLIES
All Star

Re: why will Firefox not keep my settings? I must reset all of my settings every time that I log in.

Site Moderator

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.

New User

ZoneAlarm. It's never caused issues before.

New User

Solution please...

New User

Do you have a solution..... Please !

New User

Mine works well for a week or so then goes off where the links come up as raw data. I reset Firefox and everything works fine.