cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does Firefox close (when the active window) when i click on firefox icon on windows taskbar.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

why does Firefox close (when the active window) when i click on firefox icon on windows taskbar.

If I have multiple windows open - and click on firefox icon/tab on taskbar (when it is the active window) - firefox closes. It started this habit 2 days ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular User

Re: why does Firefox close (when the active window) when i click on firefox icon on windows taskbar.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode.

• Firefox -> Help -> Restart with add-ons disabled

If it works in safe-mode, that means one of your Add-on Extensions is causing the problem, which will require disabling them all, and then re-enabling them one by one to isolate the problem.

3 REPLIES
Regular User

Re: why does Firefox close (when the active window) when i click on firefox icon on windows taskbar.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode.

• Firefox -> Help -> Restart with add-ons disabled

If it works in safe-mode, that means one of your Add-on Extensions is causing the problem, which will require disabling them all, and then re-enabling them one by one to isolate the problem.

New User

thanks vm

New User

the add on causing the issue was minimise tray - an extension to down them all