cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when opening a new tab how can i get the yahoo search engine off of the new tab to where its just a blank tab ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

when opening a new tab how can i get the yahoo search engine off of the new tab to where its just a blank tab ?

When opening a new tab it automatically loads the yahoo search engine in the new tab. It use to just open a blank tab..how do I remove the Yahoo search engine from loading in a new tab ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master

Re: when opening a new tab how can i get the yahoo search engine off of the new tab to where its just a blank tab ?

I have the same problem, with Firefox 3.6.6 and XP Home, and I feel exactly the same negative way about Yahoo.

In my case, this obnoxious behavior occurred immediately after downloading unrelated CD-burning software which evidently installed the Yahoo toolbar without my knowledge or consent. It infected my computer with all sorts of Yahoo hooks and handles. All of them that I have found except this have now been resolved.

16 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: when opening a new tab how can i get the yahoo search engine off of the new tab to where its just a blank tab ?

I want it to go away - what do I have to do so I never see a yahoo search browser again? I use Google - I only want to see GOOGLE as my search for anything (yeah I know - loyal huh).

Please help

Grand Master

I have the same problem, with Firefox 3.6.6 and XP Home, and I feel exactly the same negative way about Yahoo.

In my case, this obnoxious behavior occurred immediately after downloading unrelated CD-burning software which evidently installed the Yahoo toolbar without my knowledge or consent. It infected my computer with all sorts of Yahoo hooks and handles. All of them that I have found except this have now been resolved.

New User

To make it a blank page again go to: Tools and then click on add-ons Then scroll down and disable "My.Freeze.com Net Assistant"

This should fix your problem Smiley Happy

New User

To make it a blank page again go to: Tools and then click on add-ons. Then scroll down and disable "My.Freeze.com Net Assistant"

This should fix your problem Smiley Happy

New User

Disabling "My.Freeze.com Net Assistant" isn't enough. You must also scroll down and find that pesky "Yahoo.com" add on and disable, or for greater satisfaction, uninstall it for good. Yahoo isn't making friends by showing up through the backdoor uninvited and planting themselves in the way.

New User

Neither of your suggested remedies works -- I am sure I said I did not want Yahoo at all, but neither of the addons you mentioned come up when I look. I was updating Firefox and adding the AVG Security Toolbar (which I have now removed from the top of the screen because it also contains Yahoo). I will remove it from addons too I think.

New User

i can't find a 'My.Freeze.com Net Assistant' add-on nor a "Yahoo.com" add-on... there must be another way. Yahoo is really getting annoying now. I still can't find a solution to this.

Site Moderator

New User

I found that a program loaded yahoo toolbar without my knowing it. To get back to a blank tab page in Foxfire, I had to uninstall yahoo toolbar, then go to Tools>Add Ons and disable the freeze.com.

Damn yahoo is intrusive!