cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I downloan anything, I can`t find it when I go look for it, because I don`t know where to look.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

when I downloan anything, I can`t find it when I go look for it, because I don`t know where to look.

Whenever I download anything, I don`t know where to look for it. I tried my downloads and documents and they were not there. How do I find them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: when I downloan anything, I can`t find it when I go look for it, because I don`t know where to look.

Did you download and save that file to your computer or did you click an "Add to Firefox" button to install the extension?

In case of the latter you should have to confirm this via two steps.

If you have saved the extension and see downloads in on the about:downloads page then you can use the right-click context menu to open the containing folder.

4 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: when I downloan anything, I can`t find it when I go look for it, because I don`t know where to look.

Hello Joan42, go from Firefox button (Tools in Windows XP or if you have disable the firefox-orange button) > Options > options > General panel > Downloads > Save files to: and check where downloads is.

see for more info: General panel - Downloads

thank you

Site Moderator

If "Open" and "Open Containing Folder" in the right-click context menu in the Download Manager window are grayed then that means that the file is no longer in the original download location and they may have been removed by Anti-virus or cleanup software.

New Contributor

Dear Support team, I recently thought I downloaded your add on for the eBay sniper. However, I can’t find it and really not sure where to look. I looked at my History in Fire Fox, but nothing was there. Any help would be appreciated as I’m not that computer smart. If you have a phone number where I can contact you, please advise. Thank you, Ed

Site Moderator

Did you download and save that file to your computer or did you click an "Add to Firefox" button to install the extension?

In case of the latter you should have to confirm this via two steps.

If you have saved the extension and see downloads in on the about:downloads page then you can use the right-click context menu to open the containing folder.