Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

websites with embeded sound

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

websites with embeded sound

the web site I visited has sound enbeded in it the site was bulit with front page

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: websites with embeded sound

hello, it doesn't work on other browsers like chrome either. front page is known to produce code that isn't standard compliant & most probably will always work well with IE only. in this case a <bgsound> element is used, but this isn't valid html and non-IE browsers can't deal with that...

11 REPLIES
Site Moderator

I don't understand what your issue is..

New User

The site i went to hase back round sound I am unable to hear it I can play youtube vidos fine

Site Moderator

Do you experience this issue on another browser?

New User

No only this one the webpage was built in FrontPage

Site Moderator

Did this work before? Are your plugins up to date?

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

New User

http://www.ftrp17cav196.com/ this the site there is back round sound on it I can hear it on IE9

All plugins are green

Site Moderator

I am able to reproduce this issue and so I will file a bug.

Site Moderator

hello, it doesn't work on other browsers like chrome either. front page is known to produce code that isn't standard compliant & most probably will always work well with IE only. in this case a <bgsound> element is used, but this isn't valid html and non-IE browsers can't deal with that...

Site Moderator

I looked at it a little more and can confirm that it doesn't work on Chrome as well. Please contact the webmaster of the page. As per the bug I filed, I will mark it as invalid.