cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tried all crash suggestions, FF continues to crash, clicking on download, the locations window and more - no crash reports, it just disappears

Highlighted
New Contributor

tried all crash suggestions, FF continues to crash, clicking on download, the locations window and more - no crash reports, it just disappears

Firefox crashes repeatedly. Most noticeably when I attempt to upload a file, but also when simply clicking in the locations bar to follow suggested troubleshooting options. I also cannot access various menu options such as Menus, Options without it crashing. This occurs whether or not I'm in safe mode.

I'm running FF 18.0.2.

I have run Malwarebytes andfound no malicious software.

I have attempted to submit crash reports by typing 'about:crashes' in the location bar, but instead of submitting the crash report I get a 'Throttling' screen with the following message:

You're seeing this page because the crash report you selected was held back from submission. For statistical purposes, we don't need every crash report and sometimes we decline the submission of a crash report as a form of throttling. If you'd like to see your crash report, type about:crashes into your location bar and your report will be automatically submitted to our server where we'll give it priority processing.

Thank you for reporting your crashes.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: tried all crash suggestions, FF continues to crash, clicking on download, the locations window and more - no crash reports, it just disappears

You are using Windows 2000 with Firefox 18? That's not possible.