cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync wont work

Highlighted
New Contributor

sync wont work

I've tried Sync 15 times and it just won't work. The Help instructions do not match what i am seeing on my screen, and it's asking me for a recovery key under manage account but there is no manage account button!

15 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: sync wont work

For finding ur Recovery Key at 1st go the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options.then Click on the Sync panel.then Click Set up Firefox Sync and a new window will open.4.Under I already have a Firefox Sync account, click Connect. 5. Click I don't have the device with me. 6. Enter your account email address and password. 7. Click I have lost my other device and a new Recovery Key will be made for you. 8. Then click Change Recovery Key. You will see the Setup Complete screen. 9. Click Finish to close the setup window.

Site Moderator

You only see the manage account item in Firefox/Tools > Options > Sync if you are connected to the sync server (i.e. already have entered name and password and sync key).

You can reset the sync key if you have forgotten it and didn't backup the sync key after you have entered the correct name and password for the sync account.

Note that you lose all data stored on the sync server if you reset the sync key.

New Contributor

thanks for the quick help but sorry I am not seeing any of these choices on the screen and I can't get the recovery key, sorry!

Support Forum Moderator

Please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-create-screenshot-my-problem

It is best to use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot and make sure that you do not exceed a maximum file size of 1 MB.

Then use the Browse .... button below the Post a Reply text box to upload the screenshot.

New Contributor

sync is the biggest joke. i have tried sync so many times im tired of it. I will imput the date by hand. it might take a while but at least im not going to keep screwing around with something that doesnt work

New Contributor

My sync stopped working yesterday I have a message at the bottom of my browser that says: "Sync encountered an error while syncing. Unknown error. Sync will automatically retry this action." I have tried clicking the "sync now" with no results and have tried to just x it out, but of course, it keeps retrying, so the message shows up every 30 seconds or so. I don't want to disconnect it entirely, but it looks like I will have to do that. I have updated to the latest version of Firefox on both machines that I am trying to sync. What's the problem?

2013-06-28-16-36-22-63ad9d.png
New Contributor

Hello! Isn't anyone monitoring the support area? Are there no suggestions, hints, clues, or anything about what my problem might be?

New Contributor

I agree with the comments above ...SYNC is a load of crap from Firefox. It's utterly dysfunctional in it's present form. Come on Firefox...fix this up.

New Contributor

Agreed. I can't get it to work either. Dave