Highlighted
New User

some web pages not formatted correctly

Text is shifted off screen. Opera renders correctly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: some web pages not formatted correctly

If you have increased the minimum font size then try the default setting "none" in case the current setting is causing problems.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)

Make sure that you allow websites to choose their fonts.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"

Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.

• View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
3 REPLIES
New User

Images showing the problem are posted; the first is Firefox, the second is Opera. Notice the rendering under Weather Stations at the right. There are other web pages where information is shifted so that a portion of the information is outside the box and it isn't always at the right of the browser page. I have played with all sorts of settings to get things to render correctly at a 1920x1080 resolution, but every one seems to have a problem of one kind or another. I'm currently using 150% text size and "none" as the minimum text size for the browser. The default 125% text size has similar problems.

2012-11-04-09-11-52-5d1afa.png 2012-11-04-09-15-34-067bc6.png
Site Moderator

If you have increased the minimum font size then try the default setting "none" in case the current setting is causing problems.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > Minimum Font Size (none)

Make sure that you allow websites to choose their fonts.

• Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced > [X] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"

Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems.

• View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New User

Solved