cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plugin container is eating 90 percent of cpu

Highlighted
Grand Master

plugin container is eating 90 percent of cpu

plugin-container is eating 90 percent of cpu when we usually look videos in youtube. Earlier this was not happening. It started in last two days. Kindly request you to solve this problem

This happened

Not sure how often

== running flash movies

25 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: plugin container is eating 90 percent of cpu

Same with firefox 3.6.6 under ubuntu 10.4. It does it with every flash content.

Grand Master

Have same problem on ubuntu 10.04 and firefox 3.6.6 to solve it - try to renice priority of process plugin-containe, but its unnormal...

Grand Master

Same problem, Firefox 3.6.6, Windows XP. Just started since the latest Firefox update. After the update I got a screen asking me to update to the latest Flash player. When I followed the link the update didn't work despite following the Firefox specific instructions.

Interestingly I don't get the problem when viewing Flash video such as Youtube but PC grinds to a halt when there is other Flash content (like ads) on the page.

Grand Master

Same issue Ubuntu 10.04 while youtubing

Grand Master

Same problem is happening to me CONSTANTLY while viewing shows on netflix streaming. So much so that I can't make it through a 40 minute show without it crashing twice, with plugin-container.exe taking up the same amount of memory as firefox and will randomly ratchet up to a high enough CPU eating level that it'll freeze my computer for a good several minutes or longer until I can finally force kill it.

I've heard suggestions on other forums to just uninstall and install a earlier version of firefox, which I'm about to do. This is certainly annoying.

Grand Master

this is roasting my computer!

Grand Master

This is truly embarrassing. Is anyone at Mozilla listening? Why should plugin-container take 94% of my CPU? I'm not even using Flash right now...

Grand Master

should i really uninstall and install again the firefox?

Grand Master

My computer nearly stops since updating Firefox (and gaining this Plugin-container.exe abomination). Come on Firefox, I have changed from IE because it is rubbish don't make me think the same about you.