cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

osx lion - how do I go back one page using a gesture?

Highlighted
New User

osx lion - how do I go back one page using a gesture?

2-fingered swipe used to go backward or forward in Mac Snow Leopard, but it doesn't work now that I moved to Lion.

16 REPLIES
New User

Re: osx lion - how do I go back one page using a gesture?

System preferences -> Trackpad -> More gestures

Make sure "Swipe between pages" is checked, and you can change the gesture in the drop down box to what you want it to be.

New User

Thanks for your suggestion but that doesn't seem to work. That was the first place that I went to look and everything was checked. Just doesn't work but it does work in Safari.

Site Moderator

If you are lucky Firefox may become more compatible with Lion, the tech guys know about the problem, but I am not sure what they are doing.

Keep an eye on other threads for any news e.g.

New User

That's odd...I've been using Firefox, and it works for me. Did you change the options in the dropdown box in the Swipe between pages box? (see picture)

2011-08-05-12-58-42-4c886b.png
New User

@ejhutch9125 ... What version of FF are you using? And you're on os X 10.7 ?

New User

Firefox 5.0.1, OS X 10.7, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Macbook Pro

New User

Did you guys also change the swipe between full-screen apps option to be something other than "swipe with three fingers"? I don't know if that makes a difference, but just a thought...

New User

@ejhutch9125 I have that selected. It only works with Safari not FireFox...Bummer. But I think they are working on it and we will be good to go soon.

New User

Ok I figured it out! You have to go to system preferences

• Select Trackpad
  • Make sure that swipe between pages is selected
  • Underneath Swipe between pages will be a drop down menu(by default this is set to "Scroll left or right with 2 fingers" Change this to either of the other 2 choices, You will now be able to use it like you could before in snow leopard, KEEP IN MIND that you have to use 3 fingers to navigate foward and backward between pages