Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orkut login on Ubuntu 10.10 using firefox 3.6.13

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

orkut login on Ubuntu 10.10 using firefox 3.6.13

Hi, I am novice to Ubuntu10.10. I am unable to login to the Orkut using firefox 3.6.13 under Ubuntu 10.10. I can login to orkut with same credentials on Windows XP. I guess the problem might be with Java. I have already installed the java plug in. When I type about: Plugins in url, I can see Java(TM) Plug0in 1.6.0_22. I have also installed JDK and other available stuff from canonical partners.

Also I faced the similar problem for registering to https://launchpad.net/+login site using firefox 3.6.13 under ubuntu 10.10. I do not see continue button when I try from Ubuntu Firefox. Please take a look and advise some direction.

Thanks for your time. Ashish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: orkut login on Ubuntu 10.10 using firefox 3.6.13

• "Clear the Cache": Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
  • "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).

• Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.

See:

See also:

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

• "Clear the Cache": Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
  • "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).

• Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.

See:

See also:

New Contributor

Thanks cor-el for taking time to investigate and reply. Sorry for the delay on my part, I tried the suggestions you made but it did not help. Actually the problem turnout with the firewall . I just disabled some firewall settings and was able to login again. I will investigate further to understand how to configure firewall properly to white list some sites.

Thanks again.