Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norton does not support firefox 15

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

norton does not support firefox 15

Just installed Firefox 15.0 on a Mac 10.5. Norton posted an alert that Norton Confidential does not support this version and cannot protect against phishing, Is this true?

Moderator Note: If you have an issue, please ask a new question. This will insure your issue gets the attention it deserves. Since this thread is antiquated and already has a solution chosen, it will be locked to prevent further posting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: norton does not support firefox 15

https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-15-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar... try to update your Norton. Also, just so you know, Firefox has it's own built in Phishing protection, so you don't need the Norton Toolbar.

53 REPLIES
Site Moderator

https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-15-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar... try to update your Norton. Also, just so you know, Firefox has it's own built in Phishing protection, so you don't need the Norton Toolbar.

New Contributor

Tylerdowner - Thank you for you very quick reply. At the moment, I have re-installed FireFox 14. Checked the Norton site. They claim to have an upgrade available. Tomorrow I will download the upgrade. Again, thank you.

New Contributor

My error message after updating to Firefox 15 indicated that I am vulnerable to phishing because I have to have Firefox 1.5 or higher. I had just installed 15. I updated Norton for MACs on Comcast and it still didn't work. Then I spent an hour with Comcast chat where he lead me around the mulberry bush and then suggested I contact Firefox - after I had suggested it 45 minutes earlier. Do you know for sure that Norton is updating tomorrow. I risked using Firefox because I had to register to reply to this post. I'm feeling really dumb!

Site Moderator

Norton has already pushed the update, so if you check for updates in norton it should update automatically. As I said before though, norton toolbar does little to nothing to actually protect you, so using it is no more insecure than browsing without.

New Contributor

Thank you so much. Your help has provided me tremendous relief.

New Contributor

to: Tylerdowner. I guess I should have asked you the following. If I download and use the Norton upgrade, will the FireFox anti-phishing software still work. Thus, will I then be protected by both Firefox and Norton at the same time? Thanks for your help

Site Moderator

Yes it will, however, it is mainly redundant, and disabling Norton will probably speed up Firefox anyway. However it's all up to you Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Tylerdowner: Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I plan to download the Norton upgrade. That way I will be doubly protected, so if one doesn't work, then the other might. I am willing, at least for a while, to accept the potential slowdown.

New Contributor

Jane7491: Please notice my response to Tylerdowner. I inquired whether downloading the Norton upgrade would interfere with the Firefox anti-phishing software. He assures me that this would not be a problem, although there might be some degradation in computer speed. I am now going to download the Norton upgrade and then the Firefox upgrade.