cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my search engine tab doesn't work anymore. no matter what search engine i pick, when i click on the toolbar tab it doesn't go anywhere what happened

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

my search engine tab doesn't work anymore. no matter what search engine i pick, when i click on the toolbar tab it doesn't go anywhere what happened

i can't type anything in the bar right and left click just click nothing happens how do i fix this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: my search engine tab doesn't work anymore. no matter what search engine i pick, when i click on the toolbar tab it doesn't go anywhere what happened

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: my search engine tab doesn't work anymore. no matter what search engine i pick, when i click on the toolbar tab it doesn't go anywhere what happened

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!