cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its getting so bad that I don't know if the screen will go blank or freeze before I can send this

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

its getting so bad that I don't know if the screen will go blank or freeze before I can send this

I don't seem to be able to use Mozilla for very long as it freezes or the screen goes white or it closes down and reverts to something I have closed down. I have taken mozilla back to factory settings 3 times tried to clear anything that might not be compatible, but I'm not confident enough to go to far

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: its getting so bad that I don't know if the screen will go blank or freeze before I can send this

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Try to remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

See:

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: its getting so bad that I don't know if the screen will go blank or freeze before I can send this

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Try to remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

See:

New Contributor

I am not sure what worked, I did lots of things including updating all window elements. Fingers crossed I think it may have done the trick. Thank you