Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it will not let me copy and paste

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

it will not let me copy and paste

I am trying to copy an letter from my affiliate page and put copy into my auto-responder but it says firefox will not allow this. If I can not get it fixed to day I will have to revert back to Internet explorer. Thank you Pam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: it will not let me copy and paste

what is the exact error message that you're getting / can you provide a link to the page in question?

6 REPLIES
Site Moderator

what is the exact error message that you're getting / can you provide a link to the page in question?

New User

I am getting this when I copy an email from my affiliate site to my auto responder-- ( Copy/Cut/Paste is not available in Mozilla and Firefox. Do you want more information about this issue? ) I looked at info but it is all dutch to me. I need to fix this to day. or I will have to revert to another server. Thank youp am

Site Moderator

You can use the keyboard if the buttons on the web page aren't working.

• Copy: Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Insert
  • Paste: Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert
  • Cut: Ctrl+X or Shift+Delete

See also:

New User

I am getting this done by copying and pasting into a word doc then inserting it into the auto responder Thank you Pam

New User

Hey i have the same problem firefox won't let me copy and paste except i get a security message something about midas. Joan

SUMO Contributor

Hi joanne1948, are you trying to use buttons supplied by the site? Due to security restrictions, those buttons often do not work. Instead, try using the standard keys for your operating system. For Windows, see core-el's post above: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/949784#answer-406344