cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i was so happy that madperson's suggestio I n worked, until when I signed off thanking him I found that the"Printer-s" icon had disappeared from my toolbar!

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

i was so happy that madperson's suggestio I n worked, until when I signed off thanking him I found that the"Printer-s" icon had disappeared from my toolbar!

See my initial question and madperson's apt suggestion, above. I was elated; his suggestion worked. I printed from a website. Then, imagine my chagrin when, after thanked him by message, I found that the "Printer-s" icon had disappeared from BOTH my toolbar AND the "Customize Firefox panel" of icon choices. Has anyone got another good suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: i was so happy that madperson's suggestio I n worked, until when I signed off thanking him I found that the"Printer-s" icon had disappeared from my toolbar!

6 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: i was so happy that madperson's suggestio I n worked, until when I signed off thanking him I found that the"Printer-s" icon had disappeared from my toolbar!

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion. However, when I'd performed your suggested actions 1-4, inclusive, nowhere did I find a "Printer-s" icon, and this icon did not reappear on my M.Firefox tool bar.

Site Moderator

Was this button added by an extension or do you mean the default Firefox Print toolbar button?

New Contributor

Thanks I'm not sure what you mean "by extension". Also, I'm not familiar with "the default FFox Print toolbar button". Initially, I had no visible "Printer-s" icon on my MFFo'sx toolbar. I took madperson's suggested action (see correspondence, above), and was able to drag and drop this icon onto my toolbar. However, it disappeared after I messaged him "thank you", and my following iamjakumars' suggestion did not restore this icon.

Site Moderator

New Contributor

Thanks, cor-el, That's what I did before. This time, the Print icon was once again on the palette. I dragged and dropped it to the toolbar. Hope it stays put this time!!