Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use about:config to REMOVE Delta Search from my new tab

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

how to use about:config to REMOVE Delta Search from my new tab

I am desperate to remove Delta Search from my new tab page. What do I do after I open about:config? I have done at least a dozen resets, have removed DS via add/remove, am running a virus scan at present...this is TERRIBLE, and there HAS to be a way to get rid of it. When I do a reset, the new tab page is what I WANT...my previously saved pages. However, when I CLOSE FF and reopen, the new page is, once again, Delta. Can you hear me SCREAM? Can you see my TEARS? I am really fed up. Thanks for getting back to me with a solution that WORKS. jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: how to use about:config to REMOVE Delta Search from my new tab

As a member of the Delta Search Support Department, I am happy to answer any questions you have. The removal of our Search program is actually quite easy. If you're using FF, please follow the steps bellow:

Write in the address line "about:config" and press "enter". Confirm the message. Look for "Delta". Right-click the entries and click "Reset". Please be aware to reset only the entries that contains "browser.newtab" or "browser.search"

I hope it resolved your problem!

For further assistance please contact us at support@delta-search.com

19 REPLIES
Senior User

It sounds like you have a third party program that has taken over your search engine, home page, and/or the default new tab page. Fortunately, this can be remedied easily:

1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
  2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  3. Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
  4. Click the remove button.
  5. Click "Restart now" if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.

After Firefox restarts, install the Search Reset Tool. This will remove the rest of the traces of this program from your Firefox.

For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.

Did this fix the problem? Let us know!

Site Moderator

Regular User

You have to uninstall everything that got installed at the same time from control panel, and from extensions. If you won't do that, the settings will revert. In some cases it is simpler to use Adwcleaner or other anti-malware program.

New User

As a member of the Delta Search Support Department, I am happy to answer any questions you have. The removal of our Search program is actually quite easy. If you're using FF, please follow the steps bellow:

Write in the address line "about:config" and press "enter". Confirm the message. Look for "Delta". Right-click the entries and click "Reset". Please be aware to reset only the entries that contains "browser.newtab" or "browser.search"

I hope it resolved your problem!

For further assistance please contact us at support@delta-search.com

New User

I downloaded an update to Flash player which a website said I needed in order to view their content. Twice during the installation it asked if I wanted to install Delta Search. Both times I said NO.

Afterwards I find out that it has been installed anyway. It had taken over as default search engine so I removed it from the list of search engines. It also took over my homepage so changed that back.

And it has also taken on the New Tab function on FF. I went into Add-ons & Extensions and it isn't shown there.

Where do I go now? This is a really nasty piece of crapware & my view of the people responsible for this is about as low as it can go.

New User

Why should we have to do this? I ticked the box that said I didn't want to install it. You, Delta Search, are a bunch of troublesome low lifes.

Site Moderator

Did you download the Flash player explicitly from the Adobe site or did you click a links that this site provided you?

New User

I clicked the link provided. Not again though. I'll be more careful in future. I was tired after night shift.

New User

Dbellca82,

Delta is not listed in my addons.