Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete babylon search which overrules Firefox

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

how to delete babylon search which overrules Firefox

i downloaded babylon search,which will come on screen when i click on Firefox, need to get rid of Babylon Search.........HOW ???

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== i downloaded Babylon Search

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: how to delete babylon search which overrules Firefox

27 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Well, to be honest, I think you should try to download some spyware removal software like spybot perhaps. Or uninstall this toolbar via control panel. Try this and see if it helped.

All the best, Mike

Regular Contributor

New Contributor

Hello...

I find a solution to this issue.

- Access the about:config pannel
- Do a search for "babylon" ( wihtout commas)
- Then, right click on every item found and select the option "Restore Default"
- Done...

It has to be like this .: http://i.imgur.com/dIsOH.jpg

It works like a charm to me and I hope it helps you Smiley Wink http://www.twitter.com/KallAngo

New Contributor

Hello from Saudi Arabia Smiley Happy
do these steps :
1- Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter.

then follow kallango steps :

- Do a search for "babylon" ( wihtout commas)
- Then, right click on every item found and select the option "Restore Default"
- Done...

New Contributor

I've got it removed from my FireFox 4.

In the FF address bar type 'about:config' and click the enter button. A friendly warning appears about the warranty, which you need to agree to and click the button that says 'I'll be careful. I promise'.

Now type 'babylon' in the filter bar. All registry entries with babylon will show up.

Right click on each entry and reset the value.

This will solve your issue. Let us know if it did. Fixing Fire Fox Four (F4)!!!

New Contributor

New Contributor

There are also some files in the in mozilla firefox folder (c:\programs (x86)\mozilla firefox\) that you need to delete. 1. Make a backup of the folder (c:\programs (x86)\mozilla firefox\) 2. Search for the following terms: "babylon" and "bbyln" (ensure that search includes system and hidden files) 3. Delete all files and folders associated with this two terms 4. Restart firefox; the toolbar should now be gone

I recommend also that you run a free adware removal program such as 'spybot search and destroy' (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html)

New Contributor

Hello ladies and gentlemen

If you still have the Babylon toolbar problem,so go this link and download : spybot search and destroy program--- i have used this allmost 15 years allready, so dont worry --it cleans up your registry and kills alot of spyware and adware programs like Babylon and others--and also sometimes it finds trojans. dowload it and just follow the steps.Ok bye bye tacke careSmiley Happy http://majorgeeks.com/download2471.html

New Contributor

aaahh This thing made me mad,real mad.My IE and FIREFOX was messed up,here is what needs to be done.

After removing Babylon from Control Panel,Program File and Babylon entries from Search Plugins in Program Files/Mozilla Firefox

Go to Firefox n type about:config - search for keyword.url and replace the babylon URL with google search.Search for babylon in the filter and reset every entry.

Internet Explorer : Go to Tools-Internet Options-Advanced and reset IE to default setting. Hope this works for all of you,wish you peace of mind!