Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change firefox start page search engine?or at least reset it to google

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

how to change firefox start page search engine?or at least reset it to google

some how Firefox star page search engine changed to Babylon "i loth it" ,so i want to reset the search engine to Google or something else

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: how to change firefox start page search engine?or at least reset it to google

If you are talking about the search engine on the default about:home homepage, I don't thing I have seen anyone else post about it having been changed to Babylon - but that's not to say it couldn't happen.

Change the about:home search engine back to Google.

With the about:home homepage showing:
Firefox button > Web Developer -> Scratchpad -
copy and paste this script into Scratchpad > then hit Execute > Run

javascript:{localStorage["search-engine"]="{\"name\":\"Google\",\"searchUrl\":\"http://www.google.com/search?q=_searchTerms_&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USSmiley Surprisedfficial&cli...\"}";void(0);}

4 REPLIES
Shooting Star

Re: how to change firefox start page search engine?or at least reset it to google

Hi Ad-jet,

Have you looked at our Home page and Search troubleshooting section? There is actually a few sections in there specifically about Babylon.

Hopefully this helps!

Support Forum Moderator

If you are talking about the search engine on the default about:home homepage, I don't thing I have seen anyone else post about it having been changed to Babylon - but that's not to say it couldn't happen.

Change the about:home search engine back to Google.

With the about:home homepage showing:
Firefox button > Web Developer -> Scratchpad -
copy and paste this script into Scratchpad > then hit Execute > Run

javascript:{localStorage["search-engine"]="{\"name\":\"Google\",\"searchUrl\":\"http://www.google.com/search?q=_searchTerms_&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USSmiley Surprisedfficial&cli...\"}";void(0);}

Site Moderator

New User

THANKS, I tried to get this fixed with babylon support, but all the tech are pathetic and they dont know shit. thank you so much