every time i type in 'youtube' in the address bar without www., .com, .net, .co.uk....... isnted of google popping up that pesky big seek pro and somtime when i type a www address as well HOW DO YOU GET IT OFF ITS ANNOYING i think its java, it keeps changing my settings
if you have the program hypercam installed then bigseekpro is installed as hypercam toolbar in add remove programs
it might also be another programs toolbar
1. In the Firefox Location Bar, Where you enter the address of web pages, enter about:config
2. A "This might void your warranty" warning may appear. Click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
3. In the Filter text box, enter keyword.url
4. Right click keyword.url and choose reset.
You can run and update the following free anti virus software:
1. Malwarebytes (Free version) - http://www.malwarebytes.org
2. Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org
3.Spyware Terminator - http://www.spywareterminator.com
In addition, there are a number of forums you can use to help get rid of your infection. These include:
Hi, friends ! To remove bigseekpro, u have to search the registry with regseeker and then delete all entries found. I had 13 entries with bigseekpro and regseeker removed all of them for me and now firefox doesnt show bigseekpro as start page any more, and i suppose IE doesnt, either. Hope to have been of help. Best wishes
I used regedit and it worked perfectly. Not many people have the guts to edit the register file, but I find it is the only way to get rid of some nuisance programs. I think you have the best solution! Thanks!
This site explains very good how to recreate default firefox search with google ... but remember you may have to remove some addon which created the toolbar in first place as well .. for me it was some video converter ..
Go to Tools select Add-ons then search for Express Toolbar addon named something liked that , click remove and voila ! enjoy.
OK...I had the same problem! Sorted now...follow these steps:
1.Open another tab and type in about:config. Click Accept and you'll be directed to another page
2. here in the search box type keyword.URL
3. a string will appear.
4. Double click on it and paste this : http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=
5. click OK and close the tab.
6. Now go to tools>Options>change your home page to default or type in your favorite website as homepage. Click OK to close options.
7. Now go to tools>Addons. Delete any unnecessary/unknow addons that are there..example: express toolbar.
8. All set!!