cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i stop the "Opening Ads" download javascript file everytime i access a website which uses googledoubleclick ads??

Highlighted
New User

how do i stop the "Opening Ads" download javascript file everytime i access a website which uses googledoubleclick ads??

Every time a access a website which has embedded googledoubleclick ads in it, i get this pop up-like thing which tells me to download a javascript file called "ads", from http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net and it asks me to save it... i would love to send a screenshot, but this question text area doesn't allow me...

therefore, i have uploaded the snapshot .jpeg file on my website so you can see it. This has been bothering me a lot, sometimes there are pages which have embedded 5 ads, and i get a pop up for each ad. Mind you, it's not the window popup that you get, it's a download popup...

snapshot link: http://www.avosarafian.com/snapshot.jpg

regards, Amjo

8 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: how do i stop the "Opening Ads" download javascript file everytime i access a website which uses googledoubleclick ads??

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New User

Re: how do i stop the "Opening Ads" download javascript file everytime i access a website which uses googledoubleclick ads??

Alright! deal... will do this now, and report back immediately.

regards, Amjo

New User

Thank you!... this solved my problem. Worked like a charm!

Site Moderator

If it happens again then you can first try some basic steps like these:

Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.

• Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
  • Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
  • Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New User

i unmarked this problem as "Solved" since that error is back again... i currently have no extensions nor themes installed, so basically Cor-el's solution also didn't work (which i thank you for providing the option, by the way.)

would it help if i provided the link to see for yourself?! i hope it does:

anwyay.. hope it helps... i'm resetting everytime since it's just one button. error disappears for a while, then after a long usage, it comes back.

cheerz, amjo

Site Moderator

Did you try the other suggestions about the clearing or bypassing cache?

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Does it has any advanced setting to block (possibly ad related) content?

New User

Dear Cor-el,

yes, i have tried every cache clearing techniques you posted. in fact, i do clear the cache on a regular basis, since im a web-developer myself. comes in handy when debugging.

security software: Windows Defender Version: 4.0.9200.16384 Antimalware Client Version: 4.0.9200.16384 Engine Version: 1.1.9103.0 Antivirus definition: 1.143.681.0 (up-to-date) Antispyware definition: 1.143.681.0

reminding you i run on windows 8.

if it helps, i have removed all the extensions. i don't have any extensions installed since this issue occurred, so that i can eliminate the possibility of extensions causing this problem.

however, it recently occurred to me that the Java SE7 U11 may be the issue behind this whole problem since i really don't see this issue being posted online; and this java security update issue is quite common.

you think that would be a lead?!

Site Moderator

Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.