cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I stop Firefox from opening new windows from from servads.com each time I access a new tab? I've tried every suggestion on the web.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

how do I stop Firefox from opening new windows from from servads.com each time I access a new tab? I've tried every suggestion on the web.

each tab I access in Firefox produces another firefox browser to open with a window that has a url www.servads.com as well as opening the selected tab. All the things I've tried to rid them are listed below in Troubleshooting Information. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert Contributor

Re: how do I stop Firefox from opening new windows from from servads.com each time I access a new tab? I've tried every suggestion on the web.

Hi,

Please try the Reset Firefox feature via Help (Alt + H) > Troubleshooting Information.

(To revert to the previous profile you were using, close the new profile (i.e. exit Firefox), start Firefox and choose the Default User profile. While the Profile Manager is open, you can also delete the newly reset profile (the one containing random numbers), or the former profile, as the case may be). If the reset is okay, it would be a good idea to delete the old profile as otherwise it would be left intact with the previous data/cache until deleted.

Managing profiles

Profiles Howto

2 REPLIES
Expert Contributor

Re: how do I stop Firefox from opening new windows from from servads.com each time I access a new tab? I've tried every suggestion on the web.

Hi,

Please try the Reset Firefox feature via Help (Alt + H) > Troubleshooting Information.

(To revert to the previous profile you were using, close the new profile (i.e. exit Firefox), start Firefox and choose the Default User profile. While the Profile Manager is open, you can also delete the newly reset profile (the one containing random numbers), or the former profile, as the case may be). If the reset is okay, it would be a good idea to delete the old profile as otherwise it would be left intact with the previous data/cache until deleted.

Managing profiles

Profiles Howto

New Contributor

oh my goodness, I had spent over 5 hours trying every suggestion I could find, downloading so many antivirus and adaware programs.....and your's worked immediately!!! thank you thank you thank you!