cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I remove the Aol tool bar. I click it off but it pops back up everytime I go on line

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

how do I remove the Aol tool bar. I click it off but it pops back up everytime I go on line

how do I remove the AOL tool bar. It comes up every time I go on line and I don't use it. I click it off but it comes right back the next time I go on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: how do I remove the Aol tool bar. I click it off but it pops back up everytime I go on line

Click start, then control panel, then uninstall a program. Is AOL listed there?

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=12619

13 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: how do I remove the Aol tool bar. I click it off but it pops back up everytime I go on line

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New Contributor

Will I lose all my bookmarks I have created. I have lots of site I visit and hate to lose them. I tried it on safe mode and it didn't come up. I didn't want to hit the reset till I found out about the bookmarks. Thanks

Site Moderator

No, you will not lose bookmarks.

New Contributor

Thanks I will reset it now.

New Contributor

I have reset it three times already and it is ok till it sits for awhile than it comes right back. anyone no a browser that is as good besides explorer. Am tired of fooling with this thing. I thought about delete it and downloading it again. I figure it would be worse than with all the updates. I had it set not to update but it did somehow.

Site Moderator

Click start, then control panel, then uninstall a program. Is AOL listed there?

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=12619

New Contributor

I don't have it in the control panel. It is freezing up now when I go on it I have to go to task manager an end it and click on it again. I have reset it done everything I know of. Never had this much trouble out of it. I have reset it few times to. Just can not get rid of the AOL and now it seems I have more. If I can get my bookmarks trans. to anther one I think am going to change. I have used it for years now but this last update they done screwed it up big time. Thanks for trying to help...........

Site Moderator

Can you attach a screenshot?

Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.

If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:

New Contributor

I don't have AOL in my control panel. Its not freezing up now but the AOL tool bar still comes up every time I go on line. I just click it off. I cannot figure out how to stop it. I guess I will just leave it there. I don't know why mozilla has done to it so guess I will just keep clicking it off. I never go on AOL at all anymore. Thanks for some of the info but it just wast work for me.