cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I "view source" in firefox 6

Highlighted
New Contributor

how do I "view source" in firefox 6

Since upgrading to Firefox 6 the option to "view source" is apparently no longer available (I used in in Firefox 5 only yesterday and am missing it already). Can it be made available please?

20 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: how do I "view source" in firefox 6

-> click Firefox button -> go to Web Developer and click View Page Source (shortkey CTRL + U)

Check and tell if its working.

New Contributor

I see no "Firefox button", but control U works. Thanks

Legendary Contributor

You can also go to Tools Menu -> Web Developer -> click View Page Source

Check and tell if its working.

To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and Sign-in to the forum with your Username and Password:

click on "Solved It" Next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your question

DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply

Site Moderator

View > Page Source is also available via the right-click context menu on the web page in addition to the Firefox/Tools > Web Developer menu.

• Press F10 or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the Menu Bar is hidden.
New Contributor

Thanks to both. I had to choose one solution but both are good :-)

New Contributor

Ugh. WHY do browsers/companies insist on ruining their products with "improvements"?? Just keep the darn thing under VIEW like any normal person would look for it and where its always been.

THANK YOU to the person who suggested R click. Even though my fingers automatically go to VIEW -- guess I have to get used to doing Something Different because Mozilla "improved" FF with FF6. Not.

New Contributor

And thank you Mozilla for making me disable automatic upgrades to new versions. I don't expect to come into work and then have to waste my time looking for, googling and then inquiring on something so dumb.

New Contributor

Whose brilliant decision was this??? If I want to 'View Source' then the obvious choice is to have 'Source' as an option on the 'View' menu (as before), not buried somewhere under Web Developer. This was NOT a good change and I hope that there aren't any similar ones that surface as I dig through the changes in FF6.

New Contributor

I am so used to clicking view- view source that now it's no longer there I keep on clicking view- full screen. Is there a way of moving it out of tools - webdeveloper back to it's original locale. thanks