cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get the bookmarks tool bar to not show up on the default start of Firefox?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

how do I get the bookmarks tool bar to not show up on the default start of Firefox?

When I start FireFox 6.0.2, it comes up default with the bookmarks menu on the left side. I don't want it as default; I want it only if I ask for it. How do I get rid of this waste of screen space?

This happens on a desktop with Vista and a laptop with XP, so it is not apparently OS sensitive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: how do I get the bookmarks tool bar to not show up on the default start of Firefox?

You can click the close X on the Bookmarks sidebar panel or press Ctrl+B to toggle the Bookmarks sidebar off.
See also View > Sidebars > Bookmarks

Press F10 or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the Menu Bar is hidden.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: how do I get the bookmarks tool bar to not show up on the default start of Firefox?

You can click the close X on the Bookmarks sidebar panel or press Ctrl+B to toggle the Bookmarks sidebar off.
See also View > Sidebars > Bookmarks

Press F10 or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the Menu Bar is hidden.

New User

Right...thanks for the reply. The first five times I tried that on the desk-top it didn't work, ditto the first three times on the laptop. Then, for some reason it did work and now seems to be back to the way it was before this began. Again, thanks for the reply.

Site Moderator

You're welcome

Could have been a problem with the file localstore.rdf in the profile folder.