cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get back my old home page on firefox?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

how do I get back my old home page on firefox?

I carefully created a home page on Firefox, and it has disappeared with a blank opening page now. I would like my old home page back. How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUMO Contributor

Re: how do I get back my old home page on firefox?

I think you probably had set up an iGoogle page. Google plans to discontinue iGoogle this fall, but try this URL and see whether it still works:

http://www.google.com/ig

26 REPLIES
Grand Master

Go to Firefox or Tools > Options > General > Homepage and set it to what you want it to be or to what you had it.

New User

It only gives me the options of "show windows and tabs from last time", "show blank homepage" or "show home page". None of these give me back my original home page with all the things I had on it

Grand Master

Hello,

In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.

Thank you!

New User

Here's the screenshot

2013-06-28-09-08-02-911af7.png
Grand Master

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
  2. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
  3. Type in browser.startup.homepage at the top of the page.
  4. Double click the first result, a new window should show.
  5. Type what you want your home page to be Example: google.com
New User

I just want my old home page that I carefully constructed with it's layout. Isn't there a way to restore it?

Grand Master

Do you mean a addon or from a file?

New User

It seems I've lost my Internet explorer home page too. That's been taken over by Mozilla. I don't know what's going on!

Grand Master

Can you give me a screenshot of Internet Explorer's home page too. I'm sure Mozilla didn't hijack youur home page on all browsers.