cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heartofdixiehog.com has links near top of page (red bar) that show up in IE but not in my FireFox - Why?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

heartofdixiehog.com has links near top of page (red bar) that show up in IE but not in my FireFox - Why?

Firefox is my preferred browser for several years. I am a member of Heart of Dixie HOG (Harley Owners Group) chapter. I only recently became aware that my Firefox (18.0.1) does not show links that should be in the red bar below the header banner. Everything else seems to be normal. The links show up in IE on my PC. Two friends say that the links show up in their Firefox. How do I get the links to show up in my Firefox?

OS: Windows 7 32bit SP1 OEM, MOBO: MSI NF980-G65, Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 - 3.2GHz, Memory: 4GB - DDR3, Video Card: GeForce 9500GT (nVidia), Display: DVI 1024x768 - 60HZ Refresh rate - 32bit color, Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster BX2235 - 22" widescreen Thanks, Jim Falls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: heartofdixiehog.com has links near top of page (red bar) that show up in IE but not in my FireFox - Why?

It appears that DoNotTrackMe 2.2.5.1205 extension by Abine Inc. was the problem. It has been removed from my extensions list. All appears well. Method of trouble shooting: I followed your instructions. All checks up to Extensions were already set as you specified. I disabled the first 5 extensions in the list and restarted FF. No change. I disabled the second 5 in the list and restarted FF. Text appeared where it should be and was not before. I enabled the second 5 ext. one at a time and restarted each time until the text did not appear. I disabled the last ext. that I had enabled that had caused the text to not appear and restarted FF. Text was back. I enabled the other extensions that I had disabled earlier and restarted FF. Text was there. Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: heartofdixiehog.com has links near top of page (red bar) that show up in IE but not in my FireFox - Why?

Make sure that you do not block JavaScript (JavaScript is not Java).

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
New User

It appears that DoNotTrackMe 2.2.5.1205 extension by Abine Inc. was the problem. It has been removed from my extensions list. All appears well. Method of trouble shooting: I followed your instructions. All checks up to Extensions were already set as you specified. I disabled the first 5 extensions in the list and restarted FF. No change. I disabled the second 5 in the list and restarted FF. Text appeared where it should be and was not before. I enabled the second 5 ext. one at a time and restarted each time until the text did not appear. I disabled the last ext. that I had enabled that had caused the text to not appear and restarted FF. Text was back. I enabled the other extensions that I had disabled earlier and restarted FF. Text was there. Thanks for your help.

Site Moderator

You're welcome