cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firefox 9 bookmark icons missing

SOLVED
Highlighted

firefox 9 bookmark icons missing

Firefox 9 bookmark icons have disappeared. this appears to have happened after updating to version 9 of Firefox for Mac. I only have a few add-ons, that should not conflict with the display of the icons. Menu bar bookmark icons still display, just not in the Bookmarks drop down menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SUMO Contributor

Re: firefox 9 bookmark icons missing

It's a bug in Firefox 9. Here's how to fix until we fix it:

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Return.
    • The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. #Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
  2. In the filter section type, image.mem.decodeondraw
  3. Double-click the entry that results to change it's value to "False"
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/latest-firefox-issues#w_icons-missing-in-the-bookmarks-menu
28 REPLIES
New User

Me too. It happened after upgrading to 8.0. They were there before. Firefox please help! Driving me crazy.

New User

Go to View, select Toolbars & Customize, in Show select Icons & check small icons, large icons no longer used.

"Go to View, select Toolbars & Customize, in Show select Icons & check small icons, large icons no longer used. "

The icons display fine in the toolbar. It is in the drop down Bookmarks menu where I have lost the icons. dave.

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Hi Cor-el, No luck. As stated previously all favicon icons are there, except in the bookmarks drop-down menu (toolbar, history, etc all display the icons).

2011-11-22-11-50-50-a8b289.png 2011-11-22-11-51-06-68a5d0.png

This is the drop down bookmarks menu

2011-11-22-12-58-14-165e92.png
New User

Problem seems pretty common based on a google search. Found an article on techlogon addressing this problem. Using one of their suggestions, I was able to get most (but not all) of my favicons back by running the CheckPlaces add-on and checking the load favicons and reload favicons boxes.

Not a complete fix as there is clearly something amiss with favicons beginning with version 8 that I hope someone can figure out. I also hope they change the dotted box to something else.

Hi Kalala, Thanx. I tried CheckPlaces 2.6.1 previously ( no success with the icons, good for duplicates and 404's)

New User

Has a bug been opened in Bugzilla for this?