cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firefox 18.0.1 no longer accepts cookies from wells fargo

Highlighted
New Contributor

firefox 18.0.1 no longer accepts cookies from wells fargo

firefox 18.0.1 does not accept cookies when I open the online site. If I go to tools/options and click OK then the cookies are accepted and I can log on. I have keep until I close Firefox checked. This problem does not occur on other sites like AMEX for example.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: firefox 18.0.1 no longer accepts cookies from wells fargo

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.

You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the aboutSmiley Tongueermissions page.

You can remove all stored data from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry (Show All History or History sidebar) or via the aboutSmiley Tongueermissions page.

Using "Forget About This Site" will remove everything like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions from that domain, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make a note of those passwords and bookmarks. You can't recover from that "forget" unless you have a backup of the affected files.

It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.

New Contributor

Re: firefox 18.0.1 no longer accepts cookies from wells fargo

The problem appeared to be with Wells Fargo. I made a test log on before trying your solution and was successful.

Thanks for the assistance.