cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloads of videos from youtube do just the audio, no video!

Highlighted
New Contributor

downloads of videos from youtube do just the audio, no video!

Using Firefox, at youtube, I download a mp4 video,,it downloads,,,, but sometimes it is just the VIDEO part of the file, sometimes it is just the AUDIO part! I never get the "complete" file, with both audio and video!!

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: downloads of videos from youtube do just the audio, no video!

Please update to the current Firefox 22.0 release.

• Help > About Firefox

The Firefox 19 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates.

• It is important to update Firefox and add-ons to the latest version to get all security fixes.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).

• Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.

Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.

New Contributor

I now have firefox 23 (it says) but now, when i play a movie from on a website, i no longer SEE/GET that "download this video" pop up button in the upper right corner! must this be added on?

New Contributor

what happened to the ffoxs "download this video" button? it was in ver 19, in 22/23 it is now gone!