cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you reverse the "forget about a site" if you accidentally press it?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

can you reverse the "forget about a site" if you accidentally press it?

Hi I was looking in history for something and wanted to delete it out which I did - accidentally highlighting the site below (facebook) which I didn't want firefox to "forget" about can I change this? or will everything I view on facebook from now onwards be forgotten about in history if I wanted to go back to something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: can you reverse the "forget about a site" if you accidentally press it?

Using "Forget About This Site" will remove everything like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions from that domain, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make a note of those passwords and bookmarks.
You can't recover from that "forget" unless you have a backup of the affected files.
It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.

You can use this extension to remove menu entries.

1 REPLY
Site Moderator

Re: can you reverse the "forget about a site" if you accidentally press it?

Using "Forget About This Site" will remove everything like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions from that domain, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make a note of those passwords and bookmarks.
You can't recover from that "forget" unless you have a backup of the affected files.
It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.

You can use this extension to remove menu entries.