cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I hate it. It clogs up my computer. How can I get rid of it?

Highlighted
New Contributor

can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I hate it. It clogs up my computer. How can I get rid of it?

Can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I have chosen Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and I like it. Internet Explorer always seems to be doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes and it takes forEVER to do anything. I hate it. I want it gone. Can I do that (and still have my computer function properly)?

2 REPLIES
Site Administrator

Re: can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I hate it. It clogs up my computer. How can I get rid of it?

Hi rdfofsavannah,

I'm not sure if you can remove IE entirely if you have a Windows system but I would suggest you to have a look on the Windows support forums, they should have more details on how to do this.

Site Moderator

Re: can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I hate it. It clogs up my computer. How can I get rid of it?

It is not recommended to uninstall IE on Windows XP. You can disable IE instead and you won't see the desktop shortcut.