cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on manager malfuction - AMO not working , search hnags, no list extensions

Highlighted
New Contributor

add-on manager malfuction - AMO not working , search hnags, no list extensions

Using FF 18.0.2 then 19.0 in linux mint 14 64-bit (since 26 Feb 2013) (Reprise of much earlier mess-up.)

AMO has stopped functioning (new design is still rubbish anyway) Search stays at "Loading" always Extensions are not listed (Plug-ins are listed) Check of compatibility seemed to hang.

Updated, Restarted in safe mode, cleared all cookies, cleared cache.

SNAFU

Whoever wrote this heap of c### (sorry, code Smiley Happy even has avoided having a keyword in bugzilla . Must be a top-rate manager.

I can load extensions direct from urls, but some seem to hang as loading completes. I can't list them, except by looking in internals. FF seems sluggish, though net speedtest seems ok

Try to install "Details" collector add-on. SNAFU, loads but doesnot complete. Use the clipboard route. Nothing much visible in about:support (this, in safe mode, newly updated FF)

Hrrmph.

Any solutions?

2 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: add-on manager malfuction - AMO not working , search hnags, no list extensions

Hi there,

Not sure what SNAFU means and too lazy to look it up. Smiley Wink Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with AMO -- I'm assuming you mean the in-product UI of AMO? It seems you're familiar with about:support and safe mode, which is great. Have you tried to reproduce this with a new profile? If you can still reproduce it there (i.e. not just with a fresh install of Firefox), then I would encourage you to file a bug about this.

You mentioned something about not having a keyword in bugzilla -- not sure what you mean with that? Do you mean you couldn't find a bug for this problem you're experiencing? Either way, it would be great if you could file one if you can reproduce this in a clean profile.

Thanks!

- David

New Contributor

Re: add-on manager malfuction - AMO not working , search hnags, no list extensions

Thanks for noticing, djst.

{ fyi: acronym SNAFU = Situation Normal, All Fouled Up

well, I think we would normally say "fouled" up. 
 An expression of dissatisfaction and of universal realities.}

{ and fyi = for your information, so it is  ;-}

Yes, I was referring to a non-functional, stuck, standard AMO UI, in a particular circumstance.

I don't have many good words for it, the new AMO. I have several bad words I shouldn't use here, though.

Duly filed as bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=84558 qv

⦃  qv = Latin quod vide, "see that"   ;-⦄

As yet, hardly a stir of interest, but the bug is more fully described there. To be fair, although I've hit it before, I reckon it must be rare, though something could be improved about the way over-capacity is handled. And I thought I'd reported it before, but a search doesn't turn up a result.

The "new" AMO is something of a bee in the bonnet for me, a regular irritation.

As for there not being a relevant bugzilla keyword, that's me being fallible again, not understanding properly. Apparently I should have looked for Product=toolkit, component=Add-ons manager, rather than for keyword which is more specific to the progress of any potential fix. Learning curve.