cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a text area every moment i edited dynamically the scroll bar goes to the top. i know it is not a problem with the website because it works with other browsers

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

a text area every moment i edited dynamically the scroll bar goes to the top. i know it is not a problem with the website because it works with other browsers

there is a problem with the scroll bar of a text area. whenever it is edited dynamically the focus area moves to the top instead of holding the focus in the area of the new inserted text. even if i move it down by hand it goes up again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: a text area every moment i edited dynamically the scroll bar goes to the top. i know it is not a problem with the website because it works with other browsers

ok i fixed by code in my program. when i finished editing, i use this code in javascript. document.getElementById("chatMainTxt").scrollTop=document.getElementById("chatMainTxt").scrollHeight;

3 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: a text area every moment i edited dynamically the scroll bar goes to the top. i know it is not a problem with the website because it works with other browsers

here's a way to make scrolling more pleasant:

1. Start Firefox.

2. Click Tools, Options.

3. Click the Advanced icon, then look in the Browsing section.

4. Enable Use smooth scrolling, then click OK.

New Contributor

its already activated. My problem is that when i try to edit the text area dynamically it refreshes and goes to the top

New Contributor

ok i fixed by code in my program. when i finished editing, i use this code in javascript. document.getElementById("chatMainTxt").scrollTop=document.getElementById("chatMainTxt").scrollHeight;