cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube videos are blank black screen only on my firefox browser.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Youtube videos are blank black screen only on my firefox browser.

I can't play any youtube videos on my firefox. All my programs are update to date. Also youtube videos are working for my internet explorer but not on my firefox. I have the latest version 3.6.13

I'm on a PC 32 bit home basic vista.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Youtube videos are blank black screen only on my firefox browser.

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).

• Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.

See:

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.

• Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
  • Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
91 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Try turning off hardware acceleration for Flash, that can sometimes resolve issues with Flash videos not playing. Right-click on any Flash video, click "Settings", select the Display tab and uncheck “Enable hardware acceleration"

New User

It tried this but I still have the black blank screen.

New User

are you serious no one knows how to solve this problem?

Site Moderator

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).

• Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.

See:

If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.

• Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
  • Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
New User

Thanks cor-el I disabled the extension and it worked!

Site Moderator

You're welcome.

Can't you tell us which extension caused your problem?
It helps others who read this thread.

New User

Adblock plus sold us out to Youtube ads -.- Disable your Adblock plus on youtube or you won't be able to watch videos.

New User

I have similar problem. When I try to open a video with Firefox in youtube I get the message: "an error occurred, please try again later". Nevertheless, if I send the link to my self in a e-mail, and read the e-mail with my gmail in Firefox, then I can watch the video inside the e-mail. Also I can wotch youtube video in orkut. I've tried disabling all extensios and plugins and finally found out that I have two plugins related to this subject:

1) Shockwave Flash 10.1 r999. With only this plugin, it happens as described above;

2) Shockwavw Flash 10.1 r102. With only this plugin, the video in youtube page are just black and nothing happens; in the email the video does not work.

It is interesting that in google chrome only the plugin Shockwavw Flash 10.1 r102 appears in the list of plugins and everything works just fine.