Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You just upgraded my firefox to 18.2, all my bookmarks have been deleted, WHy

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

You just upgraded my firefox to 18.2, all my bookmarks have been deleted, WHy

At about 9:00 am EST Firefox worked normally on my pc.

At about 11:30 am EST I opened Firefox and got a Mozilla screen that said the program had been changed.

Now all my bookmarks are gone.

Why

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: You just upgraded my firefox to 18.2, all my bookmarks have been deleted, WHy

Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly or losing bookmarks can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.

You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

Did you try to reboot the computer or run Firefox once as Administrator in case some files weren't updated properly?

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: You just upgraded my firefox to 18.2, all my bookmarks have been deleted, WHy

Site Moderator

Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly or losing bookmarks can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.

You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

Did you try to reboot the computer or run Firefox once as Administrator in case some files weren't updated properly?

New User

Rebooted as administrator. Bookmarks came back in Firefox.

Problem solved. Thanks