cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are not recognizing my password, which is correct, and I cannot get any help.

Highlighted
New Contributor

You are not recognizing my password, which is correct, and I cannot get any help.

I want to talk to a person. 713-668-2428. When I try to install Adobe Reader and now Adobe Shockwave you tell me my password is incorrect. IT IS NOT WRONG. Your hint is exactly what my password is. I have Firefox 19.0 Adobe Reader 10.1.5 Adobe Shockwave 10.3 I am stymied and cannot fix the problem.

12 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: You are not recognizing my password, which is correct, and I cannot get any help.

Password for what? Your PC? Email? Firefox support forums? You need to be a bit more specific.

New Contributor

Re: You are not recognizing my password, which is correct, and I cannot get any help.

I have a Mac 10.6.8 Thanks you for replying

Site Moderator

Ok, but that doesn't help us any. What password?

New Contributor

the password that you give whenever you are downloading software.

Support Forum Moderator

That "password" is not part of Firefox, or Mozilla.

From where are you downloading that software? Sounds like a support issue for that website??

New Contributor

Adobe signals an update is available (Reader and Shockwave) and when I try to download it they refuse the password. Should I be talking to Apple?

Site Moderator

Is this when you try to download, or when you try to install? If it's on install, then this is the password for your Mac, which is controlled neither by Mozilla or Adobe, but by you (It's the password for the Admin of the mac)

New Contributor

Yes it is when I am trying to install. I am entering the correct password. The password I have always used when installing new software. Since I can't seem to talk to anybody at Mozilla or Adobe I don't know how to solve the problem. Do you have any suggestions.

Site Moderator

If that password isn't working you are typing it in wrong. That's a password on your machine, no software company can help you. You can reset the password on your computer.