cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With version 20 Linksys camera VIEW no longer works

Highlighted
New User

With version 20 Linksys camera VIEW no longer works

WVC54GCA camera no longer displays view. Camera can be accessed, setup works, just no view.

18 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: With version 20 Linksys camera VIEW no longer works

Please contact the webcam manufacturer as they may need to release and update soon. At the same time, a lot of things may not with with version 20. so please take caution.

New User

I have this same problem with my Linksys WCV-80N cameras. Video does not display since I upgraded to FF V20 ... I can get into the setup functions but no image is available. Dropped back to FF V19 and all is well.

New User

This is not a proper solution. If you go to the support area you are warned against downgrading to an earlier version. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/install-older-version-of-firefox

Site Moderator

If you are wishing to go back, the download is there. We do warn you though. That is all.

New User

How about "we are going to fix this" instead of a warning not to use a version that works?

Site Moderator

I provided you with support in having you contacting the manufacturer to see if they may need to release an update for your software. Unfortunately, you will not do that and want to downgrade. Sometimes issues aren't caused by Firefox but instead needing manufacturers to release updates.

New User

I have no interest in downgrading. It appears mozilla has no interest in fixing the problem. That is very sad since I have been using the browser almost exclusively since before it was Firefox. I expect it is a simple fix as the browser does download all the data, it simply doesn't display the result.

Site Moderator

We may or may not have to fix the issue because sometimes software needs updating and unless updating occurs we cannot do things to rectify the issue. I will escalate to see what we can do but sometimes as I mentioned we may need to see if it is software requiring updating.

Thank you!

New User

I can understand why this is not a high priority. Rather than install an older less secure version of Firefox I'll use the dreaded IE for this application. It would be appreciated by me (and others) if you could post here if/when there is a fix. Thanks!