cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 (64-bit), ask my permition to run Firefox. That doesn't happen with IE8. How do I fix that?

Highlighted
Grand Master

Windows 7 (64-bit), ask my permition to run Firefox. That doesn't happen with IE8. How do I fix that?

Windows 7 (64-bit) Greek, ask for my permition to open Firefox. Not with IE8. How do I fix that?

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

== Since I selected Firefox as my browser from the window that appeared.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Windows 7 (64-bit), ask my permition to run Firefox. That doesn't happen with IE8. How do I fix that?

Check that you do not run Firefox as Administrator. Right-click the Firefox desktop shortcut and choose "Properties". In the Compatibility tab, make sure that Privilege Level: "Run this program as Administrator" is not selected. You also need to check the Properties of the firefox.exe program in the Firefox program directory.

If you can't make the changes then you need to start Windows Explorer as Administrator.

Grand Master

Re: Windows 7 (64-bit), ask my permition to run Firefox. That doesn't happen with IE8. How do I fix that?

In the Compatibility tab, make sure that Privilege Level: "Run this program as Administrator" is not selected. = True.. I also tried to experiment with the firefox.exe priviliges, as you advised me. No change. Since I am the Administrator, what else can I do?