cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will google toolbar work with Firefox 8?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Will google toolbar work with Firefox 8?

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 and never upgraded because Google Toolbar won't work with Firefox 7. Has this been resolved with Firefox 8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Will google toolbar work with Firefox 8?

12 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Mozilla Support Contributor

Regular User

Google's page says that their toolbar works in Firefox version 2.0 - 4.0.*.

Old browser versions are not necessarily secure, so you should always upgrade to the newest version for the best security. Look for add-ons -- there are many -- that replace the toolbar functionality, like Googlebar Lite.

Site Moderator

sctl, this thread was already answered.

New User

toolbarlite works great. amazed i had response, let alone one that worked. try that with ie if your feeling amazingly lucky.

New User

Work's like a charm! Thank you very Much!!!

New User

Firefox has Google Shortcuts addon instead in newer versions.

New User

So all of that was interesting reading however I would still like to know how I can simply DELETE the Google toolbar. I will miss it but it's a problem. I guess that my other choice would be to delete Firefox and download Opera instead. I've used Firefox for a long time and I would miss that as well. Why can't life be simpler and everyone get along.

There are things about Windows I hate and things about Mac's I hate yet I use both of them. So why are so many people have trouble getting rid of Google's toolbar? Did they do something to prevent an easy uninstall?

John

New User

There is a Firefox add-on that works with FF8 called googlebar lite. It's missing a few things (like a gmail button) from the original googlebar but gets you 80-90% of the way there:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/googlebar-lite/