cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Adobe Flash Player work on Firefox?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why won't Adobe Flash Player work on Firefox?

upgraded to version 18.0.2 Firefox started getting flash player fail message tried installing flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe install windows just closes and still no flash in firefox

22 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Why won't Adobe Flash Player work on Firefox?

Hi Update_Fail,
check here for information: Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems
For more information see this page: Flash
I would uninstall flash and would try to install manually as described here: Install the Flash plugin to view videos, animations and games Was this helpful? Please report back!

New Contributor

When I download install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe Firefox crashes but I do get install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe in my downloads folder. when I run install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe the install window just closes and the file is erased from the folder. restart firefox and no changes. tried putting mozilla.addons.org into addon exceptions .. no help

2013-02-16-14-04-34-dcaa9f.png
New Contributor

Went through Adobe uninstall using Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 11.6 r602. Went to Adobe test page ... got the missing addon message ... installed new addon ... still get same problem.

N/A

1. Go to the Flash Player Download Page at Adobe.com and download the Flash installer.
  2. When the download has finished, close Firefox. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit
  3. Open the Flash installer file you downloaded and follow the instructions.

If you are having problems with the Flash installer from Adobe's download page, you can download the full Flash Player installer directly from Adobe.com.
As a second try, I would uninstall Flash and download Flash 10.3
Details on this here: Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again

New Contributor

REDID UNINSTALL, then WENT HERE http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php GOT THIS MESSAGE Flash Player Test Page Which Flash Player Version Do You Have Installed?

Javascript is enabled in your web browser. You do not have Flash player installed.

WENT HERE http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ GOT MISSING ADDON MESSAGE WENT THRU INSTALL but CLOSED FIREFOX before RUNNING INSTALL GOT FINISHED INSTALL MESSAGE

WENT BACK HERE http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php GOT THIS MESSAGE Flash Player Test Page Which Flash Player Version Do You Have Installed?

Javascript is enabled in your browser. You have Flash player 11.6.602 installed. <--------

STILL DON"T WORK doesn't show in options applications list

2013-02-16-14-52-57-e95272.png 2013-02-16-14-59-35-867577.png
New Contributor

ok fixxed it IE flashplayer stopped working from all this messing with firefox I upgraded to IE 9 and installed flash player .. it worked came back to firefox and installed flash player .. not it also works Too bad IE9 is much faster than firefox for some reason thanks for your automated response that didn't work

Site Moderator

Note that IE uses the ActiveX version while Firefox uses the Other Browsers version. Uninstall the current version of Flash before installing the new version.

Also to be sure, where are you downloading flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe from?

New Contributor

I rolled back FF to V17, flash player which was installed the whole time works. The last two FF updates are buggy

Legendary Contributor

Hi Fiery, next time you encounter this, please start a new thread showing all your environment information (plugins, extensions, etc.). There are some isolated issues with Flash in recent weeks but we need more data to figure out the pattern(s).