cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why most of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's add-ons(such as: Kaspersky url advisor, Kaspersky virtual keyboard, Kaspersky safe money) are not compatible?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why most of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's add-ons(such as: Kaspersky url advisor, Kaspersky virtual keyboard, Kaspersky safe money) are not compatible?

Why most of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's add-ons(such as: Kaspersky url advisor, Kaspersky virtual keyboard, Kaspersky safe money) are not compatible with Firefox 16.0.1? How can i do to enable these add-ons?

13 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Why most of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's add-ons(such as: Kaspersky url advisor, Kaspersky virtual keyboard, Kaspersky safe money) are not compatible?

If you use auto update you should be on 16.0.2. But none the less companies are sometimes slow to update their software when version changes occur. Hang in there they will update you. It may be their site already has the update to download, I would check there.

New Contributor

Re: Why most of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's add-ons(such as: Kaspersky url advisor, Kaspersky virtual keyboard, Kaspersky safe money) are not compatible?

Thank you, i hve just updated my FF. I am checking FF add ons again in a few mins.

New Contributor

reply: these add ons are still not compatible with FF 16.0.2  Smiley Sad

Senior Contributor

I have no idea of your skills at changing the config file, but you can bump version numbers in the config file which is what Kaspersky is looking at.

For more info see this Post.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930525?esab=a&s=about%3Aconfig&r=0&as=s

New Contributor

i called kaspersky support , they told me that its mozillas problem they have to solve this , because they do not supprt kaspersky new version, so what should we do nw?

Senior Contributor

This is a Kaspersky problem, complain to them and you may get some reaction/results and Kaspersky is not the only security vendor who is always late issuing updates for its add-ons with new Firefox versions.

Some information about the add-ons:

• Kaspersky (and other security vendors) make some of their add-ons compatible with Firefox one Firefox version at a time.
  • Some vendors release updates on the same day that Firefox releases a new version because those vendors have learned to use the 6 week window while Firefox is in Beta to test their update for the next version of Firefox.
  • Firefox respects/honors the version numbers programmed into the add-on components by Kaspersky and other vendors.

Below is a reply from a Kaspersky user, on the Kaspersky forum on Nov 6 2012, posting the reply the user received from Kaspersky regarding Firefox 16 and Kaspersky. Please post your Kaspersky (or other security application vendor) complaints and/or request for help on that vendor's forum; Mozilla/Firefox can not help you with those issues.

Senior Contributor

Just to be clear, the support issue is "Kaspersky is not supporting Firefox", not the other way around and TheOldFox is spot on with his answer.

I find it strange they have not come up with better way of version change compatibility. You would think a security service would be more on top of it than they are.

New Contributor

Would it be at least possible for Mozilla to issue a warning when upgrading to disable Kaspersky safe money if upgrading to latest version?

Appreciate that this is Kaspersky's problem - but I have just spent 2 hours hunting down the problem with secure sites before finally finding the cause of the problem.

Thanks

New Contributor

Why are Kaspersky Internet Security 2013's v13.0.1.4190 add-ons such as: Url Advisor, Virtual Keyboard, Safe Money & Content Blocker also HP Smart Web Printing v4.05 and Plugins: Java(TM) Platform SE7 U7 10.7.2.11 are not compatible with Firefox 17.0.1? I have checked for updates and still they are disabled. Is there anybody working on those issues either at Mozilla or Kaspersky and when will we have a solution about these add-ons?