cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Firefox give me warnings on certain websited that the connection is untrusted, because the certificate has expired?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Why does Firefox give me warnings on certain websited that the connection is untrusted, because the certificate has expired?

This happens on mozilla.com too, so it's a tad strange. Other major sites ask me to confirm an exception. Sites like softpedia, microsoft etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Why does Firefox give me warnings on certain websited that the connection is untrusted, because the certificate has expired?

Check the date / time setting in Windows.

3 REPLIES
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Why does Firefox give me warnings on certain websited that the connection is untrusted, because the certificate has expired?

Check the date / time setting in Windows.

New Contributor

I feel dumb. Smiley Happy

Thanks mate!

Support Forum Moderator

If that happens again, and you are using a desktop PC, the little "coin" battery on the motherboard is probably on its' last legs and needs to be replaced.