cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you not leave me alone about updating firefox. like chill.

Highlighted
New User

Why do you not leave me alone about updating firefox. like chill.

what is the importance of updating

5 REPLIES
New User

Re: Why do you not leave me alone about updating firefox. like chill.

fix several security flaws otherwise Browser will always be vulnerable to attack. bring out new features. fix bugs. Allow your applications to work more smoothly and efficiently. Avoid compatibility problems associated with older versions

SUMO Contributor

you can always change update option, instruction are here

Update Firefox to the latest version
New User

With the older version of Firefox....3.6.X.....when a security flaw has been detected, a new version is released and you can see the details with what has been fixed with the latest version of 3.6.X

Is it the same with current versions of Firefox.....such as, Firefox 11.0? We disable auto-updates here.

I also notice that there are no longer various language options for downloading...eg. Firefox in french, etc. I am assuming the language selection will be in the installation itself? Thanks.

SUMO Contributor

We are no more supporting Firefox 3.6. And 3.6.28 is the last version of Firefox 3.6 serious, it means no more further update, only chemspill support. You can download your preferred language version from here

New User

Thanks. Appreciate it. I will also download HTML Validator 0.9.5.1 as I understand this version of HTML Validator works with Firefox 11.0? I can se the grayed out wording that it works with version 5.0 to 11* There is an asterisk next to the number 11.....not sure what that indicates.