cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do visited sites not show in my jump list? (Win 7 Ultimate).

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why do visited sites not show in my jump list? (Win 7 Ultimate).

Even after I visit several websites, the pinned icon on my Win 7 taskbar for Firefox 21 does not show any visited websites, nor does it show tasks like "Open new tab," or "reopen last session."

I just recently reinstalled, and did see my "bookmark.htm" file in the jumplist under "recent," but no websites have appeared since then. Also, my privacy settings default to "Use custom settings for history," even after I reset them to "remember history."

18 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why do visited sites not show in my jump list? (Win 7 Ultimate).

See revised version below

Legendary Contributor

Let me try that again, with more accuracy.

In your system details I notice this setting:

privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown: True

This relates to your setting for what history to clear when Firefox closes. When you change this setting, it probably switches your Options > Privacy tab from "Remember history" to "Use custom settings". To edit the setting, look for "Clear history when Firefox closes" on that tab.

I wonder whether those settings are affecting what appears on the Windows 7 Jump List?

But that wouldn't explain why your Tasks section is incomplete... do you have New Window and New Private Window?

Note: The Pinned section doesn't show frequently visited sites. Those should appear under Frequent (see example attached).

2013-05-20-10-08-50-758075.png
New Contributor

I know that the Pinned section doesn't show frequently visited sites...I meant "pinned" in the sense of the Firefox icon that's pinned to my taskbar...sorry I wasn't clearer about that.

I don't have either the "New Window," or "New Private Window." I don't have a "Tasks" section at all.

I'll adjust the setting you mentioned, and see if it changes anything. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

PS...I just checked the setting in question, and it shows as "false."

Legendary Contributor

You're right, I probably read your post too fast. I rarely use the Jump List feature except to launch a new copy of Paint or Notepad, so I haven't had the occasion to research what can "break" the normal display of the list. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

Legendary Contributor

PS...I just checked the setting in question, and it shows as "false."

Maybe toggle it a couple times, either in about:config or using the dialog. There's something odd going on there.

If you notice specific settings changes not sticking, check out this article for troubleshooting advice: How to fix preferences that won't save.

New Contributor

Well, I've checked the setting, and toggled it a few times, like you suggested, and it seems to stick as "false," but I still don't see anything in the jumplist.

Legendary Contributor

As long as we're turning things off and on again, you could try unpinning and re-pinning Firefox on the task bar, per this thread: No Jumplist options on firefox 10.0.2. Hope that works!

New Contributor

Well, I tried that (unpinning and repinning the icon), but still no websites in the jumplist.