cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get this website to load properly?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Why can't I get this website to load properly?

www.wzzm13.com A local news website. I can access it with Internet explorer, or my android tablet with no problem.

I cannot access it with Firefox, (32) or Nightly (64) and I have removed both, wiped out everything to do with them, reinstalled them with NO ad-ons, and still the problem exists.

Basically the problem is, I can get to the website, but I cannot click on any of the news articles. They will NOT work. The articles are "pop up" screens. I have the pop up blocker turned off. All advertisement blockers turned off.. and yet something in fire fox is still blocking this website from loading properly.

Fire fox 3.1 (latest version) same with Nightly. I HATE having to use explorer.

Anyone have any idea? Ive tried everything listed here. Clearing cashe, cookies, everything.. still the problem exists ONLY for fire fox.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Why can't I get this website to load properly?

Hmm, this works fine for me. Try creating a fresh new profile and see if this issue happens there (Don't delete your old profile, just create a new one for testing). Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.

• Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
  • Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window

You can remove all data stored in Firefox from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry ("History > Show All History" or "View > Sidebar > History") or via the aboutSmiley Tongueermissions page.

Using "Forget About This Site" will remove all data stored in Firefox from that domain like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make sure to backup this data or make a note.

You can't recover from this 'forget' unless you have a backup of the involved files.

It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.

Regular Contributor

new profile? In windows,. or firefox? if so, how?

Regular Contributor

Tried safe mode.. went to history, cleared out EVERYTHING.. Then while still in safe mode (firefox 31. whatever the latest version is), And there is no "forget this history" option..

still can't get wzzm to load properly.

Site Moderator

A new profile in Firefox, just like the article I linked to describes.

Regular Contributor

Ok. I closed firefox, opened Ie11 to read this..

Started firefox and created 2 profiles.

Twice, I stopped, and restarted firefox each time in one of the new profiles.

No change.. still cannot get the page to load properly..

Site Moderator

Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.

Regular Contributor

AH HA! Well now, that is interesting..

Prior to doing this, (going into safe mode) I could not access the page with foxfire, but I could with internet explorer 11.

Then I reset windows 7 to safe mode with networking and it worked..

Then I rest the computer to load normally, and it now appears that I can get the page to work..

Now why that is, I have no idea.. I just checked it to be sure and it works

Regular Contributor

Thanks!